Jobs for Washington’s Graduates
Helping youth achieve academic success and workforce readiness
Jobs for Washington’s Graduates (JWG) is the Washington State chapter of Jobs for America’s Graduates.
Who we are
The mission of Jobs for Washington’s Graduates is to help youth overcome life and academic obstacles enabling them to stay in school, graduate and successfully transition to continued education and quality entry-level careers.
JWG Class of 2016/2017 students achieved a 94% graduation rate – substantially better than the statewide 4-year grad rate of 79.9%
The Jobs for Washington’s Graduates Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit created to support, develop and promote JWG sites and programs in Washington.
What we do
The ultimate objective of JWG is to provide participants with classroom and work-based learning experiences that result in a quality job or postsecondary training leading to a career after graduation or completion of a GED. JWG programs provide students with intensive job readiness preparation, leadership development, academic remediation, and job and college placement services, including ongoing support for a full year after graduation.
JWG connects its efforts to career and technical education. Through CTE, JWG students get technical, academic and 21st century skills that better prepare them for career and college options. Many CTE courses articulate to college credit while the student is still in high school, and all are linked to industry standards that inform the curricula and give students experience and skills that assist their transition to the workforce and postsecondary education. For example, through the Microsoft IT Academy program, students can gain industry-level certifications in any Microsoft program. To learn more about CTE programs in Washington, visit the Career and Technical Education webpage.
If you choose to participate in discussion, please follow our posting guidelines:
- We do not allow obscene, graphic, explicit or racial comments or submissions.
- We do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow any solicitations or advertisements or political campaigning.
- We do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any agency, nor do we allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- We do no allow comments that are clearly off topic.
- External links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of JWG.
- You take personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any other information provided. You participate at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that do not follow the above guidelines.
- We reserve the right to ban users who violate these guidelines.
- We are moving into our GIVEBig campaign and want to make sure that all our data is aligned including what is state on our website
- For credit Career and Technical Education course
- Reaches at-risk students
- Improves graduation rates
- Provides college and career readiness skills
- Students mentored to pursue post-secondary education
- Students provided assistance securing entry-level jobs